Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Italian Adventure

So this summer I spent some time in one of the most beautiful and culturally rich countries, Italy.

For the most part of my trip I stayed in the reigion of Tuscany, which is where this photo was taken. If you want to get technical thsi photo was taken out of the bedroom I was staying in at my uncle and aunts villa.

Anywho, for me this trip was more than a vacation, it was a total eye opener into the odds and ins of another culture besides my own. And I learned that I must have been an Italian in another life. I just felt so at home there, everyone I met was so obliging and nice, everywhere you go there is a friendly face. And the food, oh my goodness the food. It is the best, Italian cooking is so simple and fresh but literally the best stuff I've ever put in my mouth.

I learned so much while I was there. It made me second guess what I wanted to do with my life. That to me alone maded the trip, the fact that I was so effected by the culture that I would pack up my whole life and move there on a moments notice. Not that I don't love where I come from. But for me I would love to be from a place where everywhere you went you saw history instead of Wal-mart.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love to travel for the historical and cultural differences part of it. And I think everyone should experince something like I did this summer. That doesn't mean that everyone should go to Italy just somewhere that makes you think about, well everything in a new light.

P.S. the italian men are a site to see themselves, they are best looking I have ever beheld.

No comments:

Post a Comment