Monday, August 22, 2011

Responsibility

For some reason last week a few friends and myself started talking about rooming together in college. We talked about how we would arrange our suite and what colors our rooms would be, you know that kind of jazz. And then it hit me when I was talking to my mom about our plans. I am almost a legal adult. Next year I will be living on my own and  calling my own shots and doing whatever I want. I was also thinking that wow, that's a major heap of responsiblity i'll be adding to my plate. Not that I don't already have some responsibilty of my own , I have a car I take care of and a dog, I also always wash my own clothes.
On top of all of that my little brother got his first truck this weekend. I know I say he's little but his is actually fifteen. But when I saw him sitting behind the wheel in the driveway I started to get misty. Call me sappy but in my eyes I still sometimes see him as that little boy that use to think macaroni was its own food group.
But at the moment I believe i'm ready to grow up and move out. Even though I will miss my mom and dad i'll probably be equally as happy to be on my on. But anywho I have a whole year until I start college. So until then i'll be doing a bit more of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment